28.2.12

Araki: Chiro My Love

I just bought this book, a photographic essay I wish I had done
I have looked at these pictures over and over again
they make me cry every time. I think it has to do with the ideas of animism
that the Japanese have. their spirituality toward animals/inanimates

Apparently in the painting salons in Europe there was a hierarchy of subject matter
which determined how valuable a painting was

1. History/Mythology/Religion
2. Portraiture
3. Genre Painting (Life Scenes)
4. Landscape
5. Animal Painting
6. Still Life

To me this is so wrong.
Humans are
totally dependent
on objects, landscapes
and animals



A photograph from Chiro,
and a photograph I took when
my cat was dying (the first time)

2 comments:

SASHA said...

girl your blog is the best blog

Kika Pauen said...

brought elsie some cheese ..a little treat..with tears in my eyes.m